giant, scary, purveyors of death
Shedevil
So we have been waiting to visit Salem until it was October.....and it was well worth the wait!!! The town of Salem is a huge party during the month of October celebrating Halloween, witches, and lots of yummy food. The down side is that there is no where to park except lots that charge you $20!!! Yikes! We made the most of it however! We were able to go to the Salem Wax Museum and even see a witch cast a spell (which was not as exciting and one may think and it was not a mean spell). The witch was very nice but had very immodest clothing on. They had lots of psychics and what not but we did not participate in that. We did enjoy going into all of the cute shops with Halloween decorations and costumes. Many of the people there were even dressed up in their costumes! Christian would not go into the Haunted Houses with me because (he would kill me if he knew I was writing this) he is afraid of them. We were not able to go to the Salem Witch Trial Museum due to long lines and waits, but we will hit that up next time around.
Overall, it was a fun filled day with lots of Halloween festivities. There is just something magical about a place that thinks regular people are witches and hangs them from trees if they wont admit that they are.
This will definitely be a repeat tradition for Halloweens to come! I am sure by the end of 5 years I can convince Christian to go to a Haunted House with me.
2 comments:
How fun! When I went with the group from Ricks we stopped there and I must admit I would join Christian and avoid the haunted houses. I got pretty creeped out from a lot of the places there! Happy Halloween!
Looks Creepy! But not as creepy as the backwoods people of eastern KY, where they decorate the woods with decapitated heads and if you call them hillbilly they'll kill you.
Post a Comment