Thursday, December 6, 2007

Wreath Making at its Finest!

Last night was the 43rd annual Cambridge 1st ward Wreath Making Party!!! Wahoo! Of coarse this was my 1st time attending and I wasn't really sure if I had the skills it would take to make the wreath. I had faith that someone there would be able to help me out and make this special night a success for me.
I brought my neighbor, Charlotte with me. She lives across the street from us and is so great! Charlotte has been such a wonderful neighbor; she lets us park our car in her driveway (which is one of the best gifts a Bostonian could recieve), she makes us food all the time, she buys McDuff scooby snacks, she even cuts out coupons for his bones each week. We have been hanging out a lot with Charlotte lately, for family home evening this week her niece taught us how to play scrabble. Her niece plays in Scrabble tournaments all over the country and I just cant believe that the game is not at all about spelling!! Who knew? So this is my new favorite thing to do! On Tuesday Charlotte had her friend come to her house and give us a manicure for only $10! So as you can tell Charlotte takes care of us and we love her for it. I digress.....so I invited Charlotte to the wreath making party.
Charlotte was a big hit, she was just so excited to see all the young pregnant ladies and cute babies. There was a dinner there with soups and salads and she wanted to try all of them so she could tell me which one was the best. She couldn't decide and which one however and decided they were all good.
Then came the wreath making! I had no idea what I was doing, but my FABULOUS visiting teacher Alison showed me how to do this crazy New England tradition.

This is Charlotte, Lisa and I starting our wreaths...not too shabby!

Surprisingly, the wreath wasn't too difficult and we all came out winners with beautiful and wonderful smelling wreaths for our door!


Tada!

It ended up being a wonderful event. I was happy that Charlotte could come with me and had such a great time. I am also very glad that my wreath looks so awesome hanging on my door! Just look at that beauty!


A special thanks goes out to my wonderful hubby who made home made vegetable beef soup for the even because I didn't get a chance to do it. If you didn't know...my husband is a total ROCK STAR!!! Everyone loved the soup babe!! Thanks! (even Charlotte thought it was very tasty!)

3 comments:

AlleyCat said...

WOW!! Nice Wreath.

Kara said...

Is this the Laci I know and love!?!! Look at you turning into a crafting queen! The wreath is a masterpiece! And your neighbor is adorable too!

ollie said...

Boston sounds like so much fun..... I bet you love it up there.