The Swan Boats are peddled by a human in the back. This would have to be the worse summer job of all time!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Adventures in Swan Boats
Saturday was such a beautiful day in Boston! The summer sunshine finally showed its face and gave us a glimmer of hope that things were going to get better. I took this opportunity to take my mentee to the Boston Public Garden to ride the Swan Boats.

The Swan Boats are peddled by a human in the back. This would have to be the worse summer job of all time!
One of the highlights of the trip was while we were waiting in line, a group of 200 people dressed like zombies paraded through the park. Their faces were painted white with blood all over their bodies and their hair was all ratted. Many looked as if they could barely walk. I saw a sign that one of them was holding it read: Zombies are People Too! ummmm, technically Zombies were People, not really sure that they still are! It was pretty funny though! I just couldn't believe such a large group of people were so dedicated to this cause! If I have learned one thing in Boston, it is that people HAVE causes and they fight for them! So Hey, I guess Zombies are just as good a cause as any. I mean, they may have looked a little silly next to the FREE TIBET protesters, but they just looked silly anyway so no big deal!
The Swan Boats are peddled by a human in the back. This would have to be the worse summer job of all time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think we were both there at the same time on Saturday. We saw the zombie people too- but I couldn't tell what they were doing!
We were there too! I'm surprised we didn't see you guys! I saw the zombie people as well. I kept debating on whether or not to sheild the kids' eyes because the blood and scabs looked so real!
Post a Comment