This weekend we made our way to Concord, MA for the Verrill Farm Corn and Tomato Festival. I had been looking forward to this for a couple of weeks, as I heart everything CORN. I was going to the festival ready to eat Corn, Cornbread, Corn chowder and whatever else corn they could throw my way. Imagine my disappointment when we get there and there is a sign that reads: Festival Closed due to Wet Fields! Yes, the 10 billion gallons of rain we have been receiving would do that I suppose. It was a major bummer, however, the Verrill Farm store was still open so I did by some ears of corn for our enjoyment at home. We cooked some of them up, and there is really NOTHING better in the summer that a buttery cob of corn!
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Summer Dayz
This weekend we made our way to Concord, MA for the Verrill Farm Corn and Tomato Festival. I had been looking forward to this for a couple of weeks, as I heart everything CORN. I was going to the festival ready to eat Corn, Cornbread, Corn chowder and whatever else corn they could throw my way. Imagine my disappointment when we get there and there is a sign that reads: Festival Closed due to Wet Fields! Yes, the 10 billion gallons of rain we have been receiving would do that I suppose. It was a major bummer, however, the Verrill Farm store was still open so I did by some ears of corn for our enjoyment at home. We cooked some of them up, and there is really NOTHING better in the summer that a buttery cob of corn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sorry you missed the corn and tomato festival. we should all go next year.
Post a Comment