Our Labor Day activity this year had a Renaissance theme; we visited King Richard's Faire in Carver, MA. Our friends the McMuray's joined us for the festivities, little did we know that showing up medieval garb enhances the experience. It was hard to tell who was a paid employee and who just owned a bunch of Renaissance clothing for events such as this.

This really is a tortuous position to be in!

Christian found some of his ancestors in Carver so we got a family photo. Can you see the family resemblance?

No Faire would be complete with out a "turkey leg" for lunch. Yummy!

Sir Peter really enjoyed his "turkey leg," which turned out to be more pork that turkey. He really eats meat, so you can only imagine how he felt after chowing down on that thing!

It's a lion....no it's a tiger......no it is a REAL LIVE
LIGER!
Meet Hercules who is a 900 lb. beast! He was seriously massive and amazing to see! To be a liger you have to have a Lion father and a Tiger mother.
I remember seeing Shasta the stuffed Liger at the Hogle Zoo growing up, but this was the first time I saw a living Liger and they are pretty cool you have to admit.

We enjoyed all the jousting events that took place. We had the Evil knight who killed almost everyone, but like all happy endings, the bad guy has to die.

This guy just freaked me out!

What a fun juggler!

All in all, a great time was had by all who attended.
3 comments:
So did the liger demonstrate the magical skills it's bred for?
Oh, Shasta the Liger...good times. So, can I say you are looking like you have that "pregnant glow?" Seriously, I looked only hideous, I am jealous! Still feeling a little ripped off in my Red Sox experience, but glad you and C had a good time!!
Looks like fun! You guys love mugging for shots. I love that!
Post a Comment