Today I am thankful for the little things in life. Sometimes I forget what a lucky girl I am and it is nice to take notice of the little things.
I am grateful for:
1. My stomach being just the right size for McDuff to have a comfy napping spot. He and Berkeley are already bonding! The little man gives the Duff some kicks when he lays like this, but it doesn't seem to bother Duff at all.
I am grateful for:
1. My stomach being just the right size for McDuff to have a comfy napping spot. He and Berkeley are already bonding! The little man gives the Duff some kicks when he lays like this, but it doesn't seem to bother Duff at all.
2. My husband has a serious gift! He spent the day yesterday baking up a storm; yes, he has a gift to mess a kitchen up in a matter of minutes, but he is also an amazing little baker. He made Boston Cremes, Fudge, and English Toffee yesterday all of which taste AMAZING!
3. I am again in awe of my amazing co-workers. Today the entire office got together and had cake to celebrate the coming of the little one. Everyone in the entire office signed two cards and donated to a gift card for us. I am so touched by every one's kindness. One woman even made the baby this cute hat!!! I seriously love it, it is the cutest elephant hat of all time.
FYI: Just because I put this hat on my little boy in NO way means he will be a Republican.
4. I am so thankful that Christian went to the dentist today for the first time in 20 months and had NO cavities!! He has been working hard by brushing and flossing and it paid off!
5. I am grateful for a husband that spent a good deal of his morning digging our car out of the snow and filling up the flat tire so I could make it to work safely.
6. I was deeply touched when I arrived at work this morning. I was making my way to the office threw our icy parking lot; our facilities manager, who I have seen, but never met, saw me and rushed over to take everything out of my hands, put my arm in his and walked me into the building. What a gentleman.
7. I was so happy that Christian brought me lunch, so we could eat together today.
It really is the little things in life that matter! I feel so lucky to have the most amazing husband, wonderful friends, an understanding family, and for strangers who take time out to help a pregnant woman.
2 comments:
Dad Gentry is green with envy that not only your boston creams turned out on the first try, but also your english toffee.
I'm glad someone can carry on the family tradition - I tried to make Boston Cremes last year -- let's just say I'm not blessed with the candy gene. We're anxious for that little guy to get here -- just a little longer!
Post a Comment