This morning I put my plant in the front window to get some sunlight while we were out shopping for the day.
(Let me back up. Christian bought this plan 2 years ago and neglected it so badly that it nearly died, but I swooped in and gave in mouth to mouth and saved its life. It has been doing wonderfully for the last year. So good in fact that is just got a new pot to accommodate all of its growth. I am no green thumb, so this has been a big accomplishment for me; I heart this plant.)
Christian has been out of town, so I was busy, taking the dog out, getting dinner ready for Berkeley, McDuff and myself. I was feeling good about everything; things were running smoothly. I put Berke in the front room to play with toys while I cleaned up and did the dishes. As I am doing the dishes I get a call from a woman from the White Symphony Orchestra wanting information on Christian and an upcoming piece he wrote that they will be playing next month. As she is asking me a question, I look in on Berkeley to see that he is on the couch, he has the plant, he is covered in potting soil, so is the couch; the plant is upside down. Oh, the horror!
(Let me back up. Christian bought this plan 2 years ago and neglected it so badly that it nearly died, but I swooped in and gave in mouth to mouth and saved its life. It has been doing wonderfully for the last year. So good in fact that is just got a new pot to accommodate all of its growth. I am no green thumb, so this has been a big accomplishment for me; I heart this plant.)
Christian has been out of town, so I was busy, taking the dog out, getting dinner ready for Berkeley, McDuff and myself. I was feeling good about everything; things were running smoothly. I put Berke in the front room to play with toys while I cleaned up and did the dishes. As I am doing the dishes I get a call from a woman from the White Symphony Orchestra wanting information on Christian and an upcoming piece he wrote that they will be playing next month. As she is asking me a question, I look in on Berkeley to see that he is on the couch, he has the plant, he is covered in potting soil, so is the couch; the plant is upside down. Oh, the horror!

I couldn't deal with this and talk to the lady; she probably thought I was crazy but I told her she needed to call Christian and quickly hung up the phone. The plant did not make it out unharmed, many branches were bent and it may be touch and go for a little while. I gave him some water, tried to help stabilize him with some soil and put him in a safe comfortable position. We will see what happens.
I place Berkeley in his room to play so I can clean up and take a few deep breaths. I go start picking up what soil I can with my hands only to hear my baby's hands splashing in the dog water bowl. I quickly grab him again,put the dog water on the table and place him in his room. Try to use the dust buster (waste of money) and it doesn't work. I run downstairs to grab the vacuum; when I reach the top of the stairs, I see Berke in the bottom drawer on the oven. I take the vacuum to the couch and start vacuuming the potting soil only to have the vacuum come to an abrupt stop; yep, my little angel pulled it out of the socket.
At this point, I want to scream and cry. Can I not win one simple battle? I grab my guy and take him to the crib and as I am walking there he just starts laughing at me. Oh this kid is good; he is REAL good, because I cant help but laugh back. But he is still going in the crib (jail for babies). It takes me a good 15-20 minutes to get this dirt of my light tan couch and try to do what nursing I can to the plant.
I guess that will teach me not to forget about the plant in the window. Isn't this supposed to happen around 2 years old? I just don't see this as a good sign. I have 3 more days as a single mom and I really hope I can make it.
I place Berkeley in his room to play so I can clean up and take a few deep breaths. I go start picking up what soil I can with my hands only to hear my baby's hands splashing in the dog water bowl. I quickly grab him again,put the dog water on the table and place him in his room. Try to use the dust buster (waste of money) and it doesn't work. I run downstairs to grab the vacuum; when I reach the top of the stairs, I see Berke in the bottom drawer on the oven. I take the vacuum to the couch and start vacuuming the potting soil only to have the vacuum come to an abrupt stop; yep, my little angel pulled it out of the socket.
At this point, I want to scream and cry. Can I not win one simple battle? I grab my guy and take him to the crib and as I am walking there he just starts laughing at me. Oh this kid is good; he is REAL good, because I cant help but laugh back. But he is still going in the crib (jail for babies). It takes me a good 15-20 minutes to get this dirt of my light tan couch and try to do what nursing I can to the plant.
I guess that will teach me not to forget about the plant in the window. Isn't this supposed to happen around 2 years old? I just don't see this as a good sign. I have 3 more days as a single mom and I really hope I can make it.
4 comments:
That is a funny and sad story. Plants don't last long with me either (Stuart can verify this). That's why I'm starting to buy more fake plants.
I LOVE IT! And just remember...you ONLY HAVE ONE to watch. Good luck with THAT! Your kid is killing me. Loved that he laughed at you!!! LOVE IT!
Ohhh they are really good. Lily always does turns on the charm big time when she knows she's busted.
Just wait until you get a TANTRUM when you remove toddler from any of the trouble spots BW was removed from. Tantrums are not cool. Especially when your arms are totally full, it's on the stairwell in front of all your neighbors, and it involves lots of screaming, body throwing, and rolling around on the concrete floor.
Just wait until he can climb out of the crib. Then you have to make them sit in the corner and keep putting them there over and over. I'm loving Kian's non mobile stages right now1
Post a Comment