Sunday, August 15, 2010

Last Day

Friday was my last day working at Ethos as an Elderly Protective Services Worker; and so in true Laci fashion, I partied like a Rock Star! I have been at Ethos nearly 3 years and it has been a challenging and difficult job for me; but I always felt it was important work. I started feeling burned out with the work and felt it was time to move on; it was a difficult decision because I LOVE the people I work with, but in the end I felt it would be best for me to move forward on a different journey.

Friday was such a bitter sweet day. I got to spend the day chatting with everyone. Christian sent me the most beautiful bouquet of flowers and my friend Kelly gave me these awesome balloons.

I love my Ethos co-workers, they are such a diverse and amazing group of people. They all took me to lunch on Friday and then there was a agency wide party where people say kind things about you and I tried to hard to keep myself together.
I feel bad leaving my Kelly behind, we were the best lunch buddies in town. Kelly and I have done our weight loss journey together and I honestly could not have achieved any of it without her support and love. She ran a 1/2 marathon and I thought she was crazy, but she inspired me to do one now, so I guess we are both crazy. She decided to do a full marathon now, but I don't think I am gonna follow in her foot steps this time. Luckily we only live a a couple miles from each other, so we can continue to run and see each other often.

After all the fun festivities at work, I decided to keep on partying with a small BBQ in our dirt filled back yard. My sweet friends Nicole and Ryan brought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers as well. I honestly have such amazing friends, I just feel completely blessed.
Ryan obviously had a little too much fun with the diet cherry coke, but all in all it was such an amazing day. I really couldn't stop smiling. It was a great celebration of all the hard work I have done the last three years, of wonderful friends I have made, many of which are family to me, and a celebration of starting a new journey.
How could I not be happy to be able to celebrate with my supportive family as well.
I will be taking a week off to spend some serious quality time with the family and then I will begin a new job as a Hospice Social Worker. I am VERY excited about this new opportunity and I feel it will be a rewarding and educational experience for me.


No comments: