Saturday, September 11, 2010

Berke Man

Berkeley is really becoming a little boy; he is so independent these day. He continues to crack us up with all the new things he does and the new words that come out of his mouth. This kid has the best sense of humor; he hears someone laugh and instantly joins in.
Berke has moments of shyness where if a stranger says hi, all he can do is smile and act shy by snuggling into mommy or daddy. Other times he is completely outgoing and a stranger will walk past us and he yells out HI! to them, it always catches them off guard and they have to stop to let me know how adorable he is.
Berke attracts a lot of attention where ever we go. People are always telling me how cute he is, or stopping to talk to him to let him know he is the "cutest thing." I really cannot disagree with them!
We really have to watch what we do and say now, as our little guy mimics everything. I found out last weekend that he knows what blow dryers are all about. He also knows what phones, computers, ipods, and pianos are all about. Berke LOVES anything that has buttons, to him, buttons are the best toys of all. During church and car rides I try to keep him distracted by watching videos on my ipod, but he continually touches the power button which shuts off the movie. This causes for a fun game of watch movie for 30-45 seconds, turn it off, hand to mommy to turn back on. If she doesn't turn it back on ASAP, I, Berkeley will freak out! It is a really fun game.

Berke's vocabulary is so big now. I love to listen to him go in and out of real words and Berkeley talk. My favorite part of this stage is that he knows what I am saying. I can tell him to get his shoes and he will, that it is time for Nie nie and he runs to his crib (excited as can be to go to bed), or tell him to give me a kiss and he does. LOVE IT!
Some of Berke's words:
MELMO= Elmo (most popular word...the kid is obsessed!!!)
Abby=Elmo's friend
Lili=his friend
mamma
dadda
papa
hi
bye bye
nie nie=night
keys
bump
tank you=thank you (says thank you to EVERYTHING)
wove you=love you
kitty and meow
gog=dog
he can ney like a horse and make monkey sounds
apple
nana=banana
yay
ah oh!
mo=more
no
saw=say
kitty=get it
peaz=please
B=bird
cookie=cookie monster
nmanmana=I would like that
choo choo=train
car
wow
bubble
fish
waw=water
teef=teeth
eye
shoes
baby

he can sign please, more and all done

I love this picture; this is his WOW! face when he sees something he is really interested in.
This kid is a keeper; we love him so much!

1 comment:

Sissy Jackson said...

THAT KID IS FREAKEN AWESOME! You two should have another 10 at least!