Saturday, April 30, 2011

Cambridge Science Festival

Berkeley and I had a fabulous time today getting out doors with his favorite friends, Lily and "Q" for a fun filled day. MIT was hosting a Science Festival and we went to check it out. Our first stop was to see the Black Hawk helicopters. There were super cool to see up close and we even got to sit inside. I am not sure I would enjoy riding in a helicopter.
Berkeley and Q inside the helicopter; Berke looks a bit drunk, but he had just woken up from a little cat nap.

The past month this little boy has developed a MAJOR attachment to his "banky", aka blanket. This was given to him by his Godmother, Julia, who prides herself in finding the softest blankets she can. We he loves his soft banky so much he has to take it EVERYWHERE with him. We had a huge meltdown this week because he couldn't bring the banky to take a bath with him. As cute as it is to see him attached to something so much, it really is starting to get more annoying than cute; the thing is huge, he drags it around everywhere, and throws a tantrum if we don't have it.

I digress, we also were able to go down this fun bouncy slide which was a big hit. He was a bit nervous during the climb up, but asked to do it again, so I took that as a sign that he enjoyed it.

Hey look, it is Astronaut Laci!
I was able to dress up in a space suit today and as you can see I scared the crap out of my kid. Lily wouldn't look at the camera, just too intrigued by my cool new outfit, and Q was just happy to have a new fun place to sit down. Oh the things we do for our kids! The space suit was VERY hot and confining, not sure it would be my cup of tea, but I will say, I wore it well.
We had a really fun time playing outside, visiting with friends and balloons, making sand creations, and walking around the MIT campus.

2 comments:

Dani said...

I really really really really love the astronaut picture. Ahh what a great moment. It was crazy in that room, but what a memory.

Juls said...

Mwahahah!!! That was my evil plan all along!!! Mwahahahahahahaha!