This year Berkeley decided he wanted to be a cowboy for Halloween. Grandma Sorrels bought him his outfit and all he needed was some cowboy boots. I let him help me pick out the boots; he was so excited he was going to get Mater (from Cars) cowboy boots. The day they arrived he was so happy and was cheering; we couldn't open the package fast enough. The kid was IN LOVE with his boots. Twenty minutes later, I put the boots on him and he is having a complete and utter meltdown to get the boots off!!! He refused to walk in them, he HATED them! I tried again a couple days later and got the same reaction.
As we were getting ready for our Halloween Party Saturday night I told him he got to wear his special boots with his costume. I took them out of the box and set them on the table...this pictures is worth a thousand words. Just seeing the boots put the kid into meltdown mode.
"Put the boots in the box Mommy!" Needless to say, no cowboy boots were worn to the party.
How can a love fade so fast? I thought every little boy needed a pair of cowboy boots, but apparently I was wrong.
As we were getting ready for our Halloween Party Saturday night I told him he got to wear his special boots with his costume. I took them out of the box and set them on the table...this pictures is worth a thousand words. Just seeing the boots put the kid into meltdown mode.
"Put the boots in the box Mommy!" Needless to say, no cowboy boots were worn to the party.
How can a love fade so fast? I thought every little boy needed a pair of cowboy boots, but apparently I was wrong.
We went as a bowling ball and pin this year. We didn't win any prize, but we felt good about our costumes.
Berke was a pretty adorable cowboy, even without his cowboy boots.I love his cheesin' it up smile! Yeehaw!

Here are some great costumes from the party:
Don and Betty Draper from Mad Men
The Ron Swanson Family from Parks and Recreation
Snow White and Gimli from Lord of the Rings
Did I mention that it totally snowed that night? Yep, it was pretty slippery driving home and I was pretty mad to bring my snow boots out in October...but what can you do?The next day we made Halloween cookies and potato ghosts. We skipped the pumpkin carving this year, it just didn't happen. As we delivered the cookies to our neighbors I was not surprised the 3 out of 4 of them had a special Halloween treat ready to go for Berkeley. Two of them even had cards for him; it was the sweetest thing. We could not ask for better neighbors.

Berke came down with a cold Sunday, so he and his little frog voice were not in the best of spirits for going door to door. Once we got in the wagon, he refused to wear his cowboy hat, hold his trick-o-treat bag or have a good time in general. I had big hopes for the adorable streets we would walk around, but we only made it to the top of the hill before this little Sheriff had had enough!

No comments:
Post a Comment