It has been Festive week as Christmas approaches. This week we had our ward Wreath Making Activity, Church Christmas Party, Church Christmas Program and watched Elf, Rudolph and Frosty (Claymation type). We've got spirit yes we do!
Friday Night we had our Church Christmas Party. We had a lovely dinner and Santa made a special appearance. My kid isn't gonna sit on Santa's lap without a bribe that is for sure. So we did a family picture with Santa and as before I had to tell Santa what Berkeley wanted (A Mickey Mouse Train and Minnie Mouse Toy), and give Berke a cookie afterward. We sort of got a smile out of the kid this time around. He even looked at Santa and shook his head that he would be good.
Friday Night we had our Church Christmas Party. We had a lovely dinner and Santa made a special appearance. My kid isn't gonna sit on Santa's lap without a bribe that is for sure. So we did a family picture with Santa and as before I had to tell Santa what Berkeley wanted (A Mickey Mouse Train and Minnie Mouse Toy), and give Berke a cookie afterward. We sort of got a smile out of the kid this time around. He even looked at Santa and shook his head that he would be good.
Things I love about Christmas this year:
1- Berkeley calls Christmas "Chrischris"
2-Berkeley loves Christmas music and when we are in the car he always yells to me, "LOUDA" so I can blast it in the car and he can dance in his car seat. His favorites are Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bells and Santa Clause is Coming to Town.
3-We started the Elf on the Shelf tradition this year. When I asked Berke what he wanted to name the Elf he said, "God." C and I had a good laugh about that. We finally decided on the name Isaak. He is sorta into Issak, mostly just finding where he is hiding. It has yet to work as a threat, so I was a bit sad about that.
4- I bought a new Christmas Album by Straight No Chaser, an A Capella group and I LOVE it and highly recommend it to those I love.
1- Berkeley calls Christmas "Chrischris"
2-Berkeley loves Christmas music and when we are in the car he always yells to me, "LOUDA" so I can blast it in the car and he can dance in his car seat. His favorites are Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bells and Santa Clause is Coming to Town.
3-We started the Elf on the Shelf tradition this year. When I asked Berke what he wanted to name the Elf he said, "God." C and I had a good laugh about that. We finally decided on the name Isaak. He is sorta into Issak, mostly just finding where he is hiding. It has yet to work as a threat, so I was a bit sad about that.
4- I bought a new Christmas Album by Straight No Chaser, an A Capella group and I LOVE it and highly recommend it to those I love.
I also love Cambridge 1st Ward Wreath Making. It is my favorite tradition that our ward(church) does. Each year there is a lovely program, a nice soup and salad dinner and we make wreaths out of Christmas boughs.
This year the program was AMAZING. It had some really gorgeous music and a wonderful program. The program focus on Mary, Jesus' mother and what it must of been like her as the mother of Christ to have to give birth in a stable. Having given birth myself this hit home pretty strongly. The glorious birth of our Savior was in such a humble setting; it was a really powerful and spiritual experience that I am grateful for.
This year the program was AMAZING. It had some really gorgeous music and a wonderful program. The program focus on Mary, Jesus' mother and what it must of been like her as the mother of Christ to have to give birth in a stable. Having given birth myself this hit home pretty strongly. The glorious birth of our Savior was in such a humble setting; it was a really powerful and spiritual experience that I am grateful for.
Berke also had his little pal Q over for a Christmas movie play date. The boys watched Rudolph and Frosty while eating popcorn, fruit snacks, sour patch kids and drinking apple juice. It was a pretty good night for these two kids. They loved the cartoons and I found myself wondering how Rudolph became so popular, because it really is pretty terrible. I do remember loving it as a child, so there must be something magical about it.
I really do love this time of year and all the magic it brings to me, my family and my home.
I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays too!
I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays too!

3 comments:
Loving the Straight No Chaser album as well! Thanks for sharing!
Ha ha! I love B's name choice for your elf! Lookin forward to your Disney post!
Quentin loved it too and has asked for Frosty and Berkey a lot!
Post a Comment