This summer we were hoping to make it to Utah, sadly with Christian's job prospects at the time being zero, we could not rationalize purchasing the cost of three plane tickets. We decided that instead we would rent a cottage on Cape Cod for a week which was a little more than the cost of 1 plane ticket. We planned to have a nice little family of three outing, but three weeks ago, my mom decided she and my dad wanted to join us for her 50th Birthday present.
We were super excited to get to see some more family this summer! We rented an adorable cottage in Dennisport just 3/10 of a mile from the beach. The ocean temperature was so awesome this year; it was warm and lovely to swim in. We had such a nice visit with my parents and a great time exploring the Cape.
Grandma and Grandpa watched Berkeley while we had a nice date; we rode a nice 26 miles on our bikes. We stopped at Seymour Pond on our bike back and had a nice swim to cool us off. I love biking but don't feel like I get to do it enough, which is probably why I am no good at it. I just prefer running or swimming more.
This was the first time both of my parents swam in the ocean. It was fun to plan around in the ocean with them and share their experience.
Every day that we visited the beach, Berkeley made Grandpa or Dad dig him a hole. Once he was in his hole he would ask everyone to go get water from the ocean and fill up the hole. This process was relentless.
Christian and my Dad went on a deep sea fishing excursion; they brought home some yummy black sea bass which we grilled that night. My dad even caught this cute little shark, but let him go.
Dad and Berkeley had fun flying the CARS 2 kite on the beach
Berke finally overcame his fear of the waves and came out into the ocean with me.
We went out for ice cream one night; it ended up being by a putt putt coarse (not uncommon for the Cape), so we decided to play 18 holes. I won!! Berke was a crazy man experiencing a sugar high from his ice cream, and we all had a fun time.
Berke's last hole at Skaket Beach; there was already water inside so that was a super BONUS!
Berkeley was so tired from the sun and running around at the beach that he sat in my arms and was asleep in 5 seconds, snoring and everything.
One of my favorite Cape towns is Chatham. We had fun seeing the lighthouse there, shopping and having a delicious lunch.
We also took a ferry to Martha's Vineyard for the day.
The Edgartown lighthouse is one of my favorite spots.
This was the adorable cottage we stayed in. It was wonderful to get up and run along the ocean front most mornings, something I could seriously get used to!!
We also went whale watching! Whales are so big, beautiful and graceful.
Our cute little family; love these boys so much!
On our way home, we stopped in Plymouth to see the Mayflower II and the famous rock.
Berkeley absolutely adored his grandma and grandpa; he was thrilled to get so much extra attention and love. He was very sad to see them go:(
I was so happy that my parents got to share this experience with us. It was wonderful to have a week off of work and be surrounded by family and nature.








3 comments:
How fun!!! Looks like a blast...I can't believe your mom and dad have never been in the ocean before! Happy they could come see you, but I like it when you come to Utah even more!
Wow, looks like a dream vacation!! I love all the photos.
So glad you got to have some quality time with your folks. I wish I could get mine to come out here and go to the coast with us! People out West don't know what they're missing. :)
What a BLAST! I wanna come and get a cottage next to yours next year. I have never been to the Cape. Jealous!!!
Post a Comment