Saturday, October 18, 2008

BOSTON CELTICS


Last night I went to my first Boston Celtics basketball game. It was a pre-season game against the New York Knicks. I went with my mentee because we got FREE tickets. Now, usually when you get free tickets for mentoring they are not great seats. But hey, you are just happy to be taking your mentee to such a cool event, and give them an opportunity to experience something they normally never would. Well....this was defiantly an event that my mentee and I will NEVER forget! Our tickets were NOT in the nose bleed section, not even close. They were FLOOR seats! They were on row C, which comes before row 1 if you were wondering. The tickets we had were valued at $280.00 a piece. That is not a price I would EVER pay for a basketball ticket, but I was more than happy to take the ticket! It was such a fabulous experience to be so close to all the players and hear what they were saying.
Here is Big Kevin Garnett playing some serious D-Fence! The court seems so much smaller when you are this close, it is so much different than when one watches on TV.


Here is my favorite guy, Ray Allen, he is just doing some stretches along with his pal Paul Peirce. These pictures don't even do it justice, my camera doesn't have that great of a zoom, but they were right there. I was a bit sad that Sam Cassel aka: "Alien Head" didn't play at all; every time we see him on the TV at home C will say, "There is Alien Head." EVERY TIME! So I did see him, but he go 0 minutes of playing time.

Me and the little man at the big game! We are GROWING!



My mentee and I had a great time at the game! Thanks for the company who donated the tickets to a very worthy cause!

2 comments:

Juls said...

Wow!!! What a Great experience to share with someone! I wish that someone was me, but whatever... I guess that kid you took probably appreciated it too. ;) Gotta give a shout out to former Seattle SuperSonic Ray Allen... WootWoot! Nice Tooshie!

corey said...

Those pictures are incredible!! You are so lucky! And you're just getting cuter and cuter pregnant! It's. Just. Not. Fair! :) Just kidding. If it has to happen to someone, it's good it's you.