Monday, October 6, 2008

SIX years of marriage= Trip to Vermont

Saturday, October 4, marked our sixth wedding anniversary!
Christian was a sweetie, and sent me six of my favorite flower
to work.

We decided for our anniversary weekend we wanted to get away to Vermont. A lady from my work rents out her home there, so we decided this would work out great for us. Her home is in Jamaica, Vermont and is secluded in the mountains and beautiful! It is still close to a few quaint towns but far enough away to get that "cabin in the woods" feel.

It was the perfect weekend to go to Vermont as the foliage was changing and everything was so picturesque. Across from the house were we stayed was this river; McDuff had fun following Christian from rock to rock. It was so fun to watch him follow his dad wherever he went.


McDuff had a little fall in the river and was a bit more cautious after that about where he was going to jump. Our dog is a bit of a wimp, it is true; he is quite the city dog and has lost touch with his roots (I don't want to hear about it Peter).

What a cute couple!

Vermont has a lot of these covered bridges and every time I see one I think of Beetlejuice the movie. This is the Scott Bridge and is the longest covered bridge in VT.

We tried to go Apple Picking in Brattleboro , but Pretty Lady (GPS) led us down a dirt road that eventually ended. We did not find the orchard, but stopped at a local mark and picked some apples out of a bin. I wasn't going to leave empty handed! We did have a nice drive however and saw some amazing country side. Everywhere we went was breath taking, no kidding, it was so beautiful.
I love drives in New England during the Fall, there is just no place like it. The colors are so sharp and crisp.

We ventured to Hamilton Falls, which we almost didn't find. Everything is so hidden in the country, you really have to know which dirt roads to turn down. Luckily the locals walking around were more than willing to help you out.
This was a short hike and it was well worth it. McDuff loved having the freedom to run around in the mountains. We loved being out in nature and not worrying about every day life.


Everything we saw was so cute! I couldn't decide what pictures to put on the blog because there were so many great shots.

This was the perfect getaway and exactly what we both needed. Life has been so crazy with me working two jobs, mentoring, church calling and preparing for a baby. Christian has been busy as well with school, teaching a class, TAing a class, teaching piano lessons and his church calling as well. It was nice to have a weekend to get away from it all, sight see, enjoy nature and most importantly enjoy each other's company.

I have such a wonderful husband; I feel so lucky to have been able to have spent the last six years with him. I can honestly say I have never been happier in my life than my time with him. He really is the best match for me and I am grateful for him every day.
Happy Anniversary Love! Love you!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Holy Cow...it looks breathtaking! Sounds cozy and quaint and perfect too! And, I had to smile when I saw that "Pretty Lady" stuck to the beloved GPS system as we so affectionately referred to her on our trip! You look fantabulous!