Christian and I had a lovely get away weekend for our 10th Anniversary. We dropped Berke man at his Aunties Friday afternoon and drove to Providence, RI. We stayed in a beautiful Marriot located in downtown Providence and it was beautiful! I felt like I was living like the other half for the weekend while staying there. Upon arrived I took a nap....and oh it was heavenly! It was a touch two weeks at work and home and I needed a little rest so badly. After nap time we got gussied up and went to a lovely authentic Italian restaurant, Al Forno, which was deliciousness in every bite! I had a pumpkin and squash free standing lasagne and my mouth was on cloud 9 during the entire dining experience.
After dinner we headed to the Roger Williams Zoo for the jack o lantern spectacular. They had thousands of pumpkins carved and lit and many of them were professionally done. It was a really fun night. Luckily because it is early in the season and we got there 30 minutes before closing there were not too many people so we had a great view of all the pumpkins.
Saturday we promised ourselves we would sleep in. We went to bed at 1 a.m. and woke up at 9 a.m. so I would say it was a success! I haven't slept that long since Berkeley was born, so it was quite a treat! We got ready and walked to downtown to explore. What a beautiful city!
We explored their beautiful mall and even got to see a movie...TOGETHER! We saw Pitch Perfect as we wanted to see a comedy and we were laughing out loud the entire time. I love it and hope to see it again soon; loved it!
That night our friends Travis and Lauren drove down to go to Water Fire with us, neither of us had been and both wanted to, so we did! We went to a funky restaurant and I loved this sign on the bathroom, made me laugh. But not as hard as when I went into the bathroom and found a tv....yes in the bathroom, it was awesome!
Water Fire is a big event that happens during the summer in Providence on select weekends where they set little bon fires on the river. It is so gorgeous and totally worth going to if you are in the area.
We at a lot of crap over the weekend, including these DELICIOUS spooky sugar cookies. yummmmmm!
We had such a fun time with Travis and Lauren, it was great to hang out with them. My favorite quote of the night was from Travis when he said, "We'd have a kid right now if we knew our kid was going to be as awesome as yours."
This picture doesn't do justice to the beauty of this scene, but you can kinda get the picture right?
It was a big breast cancer awareness weekend, so there were a lot of fun things going on in town for that, including but not limit to, them lighting up the state house like this!! Ridiculously cool, right?
We climbed to the top of the stairs Rocky style.
Love the air that these boys got! Best part of the night was staying out late and not having to worry about putting a kid down to bed!
The next morning we got up and used THE NICEST GYM in hotel I have EVER seen! Got ready and ate breakfast close to Brown University, at the most adorable cafe. We browsed the book store (my husband is his father's child). Then we drove to Newport, RI to see some of the Newport Mansions. We enjoyed the cliff walk until the rain started coming down.
A huge thanks to Gloria and Stef and Aubrey and Stuart for watching Berkeley while we were away. As well as to Kate and Logan for being willing to!
It was such a wonderful weekend get away. It was lovely to spend time celebrating our love by spending time together alone.
Happy 10 year Anniversary Love!




No comments:
Post a Comment