Recently I talked Courtney into running another 1/2 Marathon with me, after all 2 1/2 marathon's equal a whole right? She went along with my silly plan and we found ourselves 3 weeks after the last one, in Manchester, NH running another. This time we talked two more fabulous friends into running with us!
Elizabeth and Leslie joined us for their first 1/2 Marathon EVER! Elizabeth did almost all the training by herself and did AMAZING, she finished first in our group! Leslie, yea, she just had a baby 4 months ago, started training 7 weeks ago and was AWESOME during the race. I am in awe of these wonderful women I get to run with!
Elizabeth and Sporty Courty
Leslie and I both spotted our husbands on opposite sides of the road; clearly we were pleasantly surprised and happy to see our families!
This 1/2 Marathon was the HARDEST I have ever run. They said on the website it was hilly and challenging and it did not lie! There were something like 10 steep hills and many gradual inclines; it was so hard! I felt pretty good, but have been battling a pretty awful blister on the inside of my big toe since my last long run. It started being pretty painful around mile 2, but I somehow pushed through the pain to finish this beast!
We all finished! I did not get a PR with this bad boy, but I was happy to finish the whole thing and only stopped for a potty break. We didn't let those hills stop us!
I am so proud of these girls; I love them all so much!
What would I do without the most amazing fans ever? So thankful for the support of these oh so adorable boys. It was a really really cold day with some serious wind, and these boys stayed outside and cheered me on from two different spots.
I cannot believe I have run 5 Half Marathons! That pretty much puts me in Rock Star Status ya know.
Each one is so emotional, because each one is so hard in different ways. It is such a mental game and I always have to push myself. Elizabeth found me at the finish line and we both just started sobbing; it is such an amazing accomplishment!
2 comments:
Congrats! You ladies are amazing and so impressive.
You're so awesome - definitely a rock star!! Congrats!!
Post a Comment