Sunday, November 4, 2012
More Kid Stories
Berkeley has been saying the cutest things lately. I just want to write some of them down so I don't forget:
Yesterday, Berke was really looking forward to his friend Lily coming over for a play date. He has been talking about her for weeks and clearly misses her a lot. We set it up and he was really excited. I got a call in the morning from Lily's mom stating she was sick with the flu and wouldn't be able to come over. I knew this was going to break my little boys heart; I told him the news in the sweetest way I could, explaining that Lily was really sick and didn't want to get him sick. He had tears in his eyes and was completely devastated.
Flash forward a few minutes later; Christian was telling me about how in his country music class at NEC they analyzed Tim McGraw's Don't Take the Girl. Christian started singing the song and then turned to Berkeley and said, "Berke, Don't take the girl!" Berkeley looked at him in disgust and said, "I wont take the girl; she's sick!"
Tonight we brought our friend's dinner. It was Berkeley's friend Q and when we got home he asked if Q had a baby. We said yes he had a baby sister named Madeline. He then asked if Owen had a baby sister, we answered yes and her name is Evie. He then said, Jonas has one too, what's her name. We told him the name and then asked if Lily had a baby sister and we said, yes, her name is Cali. I said, not everyone has a baby sister, like his friend Soren didn't have one. He asked why. I told him, "well, he is like you and doesn't have a baby sister. He doesn't have a baby either." Berkeley then said, "Mom! We got to get one!" I told him we'd think about it.
It was a sweet moment, where he is clearly seeing a trend with all of his friends having baby sisters; he must feel left out.
The other day I asked Berkey what he did at Daycare that day. He responded, "Well, I had lovely dreams."
After visiting our neighbors Sis and Larry tonight. They gave B a card with $5 and more Halloween candy, lot of attention and hugs and kisses. As we were walking home he said to me, "Mom, I love Sis and Larry.........they give me a lot of candy."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment