Birthday parties are a lot of work, and this year I decided I wasn't going to do one for Berkeley. But then there is that moment when my kid says, What are we going to do for my birthday party this year? And all of the sudden, you are planning a party. I'm a real sucker and my kid can sadly talk me into nearly everything he wants (within reason).
Earlier this year Berke was all set for a Disney Cars birthday, but about 4 months ago that changed to an Avenger Birthday Party. He learned about Avengers from his friends; we really knew little about them, but we went with it. The last two weeks Christian and I have watched The Avengers, Captain America and Thor just to do some "research" for the party. All of the sudden WE totally love all the Avengers too!
It's always hard to plan an indoor party in the middle of winter. Avengers are so physical and so I had to figure out how to make this party work inside our small 2 bedroom apartment. I am so thankful that Pintrest was there to be my BFF through the process.
Here's what we did:
I decoupaged Berkeley's name with Avenger comic books as a birthday present. It turned out pretty adorable and he loves it. We displayed this along side a picture with him dressed like Captain America.
We had our good friend Lauren make our cake. She makes amazing cakes and did a fantastic job with this one! Captain America, Hulk and Thor all in one amazing cake.
This was how we displayed the cake and all the kids were excited to eat the cake the entire party!
For activities each of the children made their own Super Hero Shields. We cut out cardboard circles, decoupaged colorful paper onto the cardboard. I used spider man duct tape (found at Michaels) to make the handle on the back. I then purchased adhesive foam and stars. The children were able to design their own shields by cutting out shapes and letters with the help of their parents; they turned out really adorable. I am proud to say this was my own idea, didn't get this one from Pintrest.
Our small hallway was transformed into a photo booth for our super hero's! Auntie G and Aunt Steffy made these awesome decorations with their paper cutter for the photo wall. All the children got a their super hero picture taken once they had made their shields. I had seen most other parties have a background of a city, which was adorable but I just didn't have the time to pull it off. I thought this turned out amazingly adorable and took a lot less work than the city idea would have. The bright colors really popped but didn't take away from the kids.
We fed the children a super hero lunch. We had Captain America Shield sandwiches. I made them on round deli thins and cut a star in the middle. It was easy, fun and tasty.
This is how we decorated our kitchen. Christian made and cut out these cute words on the wall. He spent hours cutting them out perfectly; they were great!
Besides the sandwiches we had Spiderman fruit snacks, Spiderman Cheese Its, apples and carrots, string cheese and juice boxes. It was a great array of Super Hero food that did not make a mess and were all finger foods. I bought the Avenger plates and Napkins from Target, as well as the fierce Avengers cup to hold the string cheese (now Berke can use it to drink from).
We bought this Avengers Poster and had the children use the sticky foam stars to try to "pin the star on Captain America's chest" blindfolded. It turned out cute and was also a nice decoration before the stars got pinned on.
As a party favor all the children received a bag of popcorn,
as well as these Bottle cap "super hero medals" that I found on Etsy, which the kids loved and were super cool.
It was actually a lot of fun to get together ideas and execute them for Berkeley's 4th Birthday Party. It turned out very well.





No comments:
Post a Comment