Tuesday, January 1, 2013

FOUR YEARS

I just cannot believe my little man is four years old today. I still remember how scared and nervous I was to be this little guys mommy four years ago, when my water unexpectedly broke. There is so much responsibility in being in charge of a little life; sometimes I feel so inadequate, other times I feel so blessed.  The last four years have changed me; this little guy made me change for the better.  To be a better, healthier, kinder, more honest and giving person.  He teaches me daily what is truly important.  I love him so much and am glad I get to call him mine. 
Happiest Birthday sweet Berkeley Boo!


Interests:
Mickey Mouse and Friends
Yo Gabba Gabba
Lightning McQueen and friends
Avengers
The IPad
Lady Gaga and other "bad guy" music
Instruments
skateboarding (such an odd one for him, as he is the most cautious boy I know)
Wii Dancing games

Favorite Movies:
Cars
Cars 2
Monsters Inc.
Finding Nemo
Incredibles
HOP
Lorax
Toy Story (all 3 of them)
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (various episodes)

Favorite things to do:
Museum of Science
Children's Museum
Stay at Hotels
Go to the Park
Play with his friends
Go to the beach
Play with Auntie G and Aunt Steffy

Favorite: (an interview with the 4 year old)
color: orange
Avenger: Iron Man
Stuffed Animal: Minnie Mouse
Toy: firetruck
Food: string cheese (I would argue spaghettios as the top pick)
Dessert: M and M's
Letter: B
Drink: apple juice
Place: Disney World
Singer: Lady Gaga
Favorite Cars character: Toss up between Finn McMistle and Shu Toduroki

Berke has had a wonderful year.  This year his language development has grown leaps and bounds; he knows how to tell jokes, say things that are funny to get him out of trouble and (sadly) talk back.  He is making us laugh constantly with the funny things he says. 
The other day I got home from work and he was hitting me with a drum stick.  I told him if he kept hitting me I would take the drum stick away.  He then replied, "Listen Punk! If you take away my drum stick, I'll take it right back from you." I had to start laughing because I have no idea where he learns this stuff ( he never uses words like this).  My favorite is when he compliments me on my "cute shirt" or tells me, "You look pretty mom!" without being prompted.
He has done a lot better getting used to being with groups of children thanks to his day care.  He just adores playing with his friends and has even deemed his friend Lily as his girlfriend, whom he will marry when he gets big. She's a totally cute girl, so I'd be down with that.
Berke has been learning a lot, he does wonderful with all of his letters and had to work super duper hard to get his numbers down.  He struggled for months trying to get those numbers down, but with a lot of persistence he can now count to 10.
Berke has an amazing memory, especially when it comes to music.  He will hear a song at one place and then a few weeks or months later he will hear the song again and say, "Is that the song we heard when...." or "Is this song from this show?" It really is amazing how often it happens and it surprises us every time.  He really is a listener and is always listening to what is going on in his situation.
Berke has come a LONG way with his picky eating, while it is still an issue, he is now eating pizza and spaghetti (and LOVES it), and other normal kid foods.  He will now eat vegetables and many more fruits.  He is getting better at eating what we eat for dinner; I will admit this has been a tiresome task for us, but it has paid off.  He still doesn't like french fries or anything that is mixed together (no ketchup on hot dogs or sauce of any type).  He continues to be vegetarian with out even knowing it.  He has faux chicken nuggets and veggie dogs and that is all he has ever tasted; he has no idea he is different from kids who eat meat.
Berke is a child of the technology era, he loves his Ipad and knows how to use it well.  He would play with that or our Iphone all day if he could.  He tries to use the tv as a touch screen but it doesn't work.  He uses one of my old Ipods as his Iphone and loves listening to music on it.




1 comment:

Lisa H. said...

I'm a little behind on my blog reading. Happy Birthday, Berkeley! Such a funny, adorable kid. HEART MELTER.